Monday, September 12, 2011

Racing for a Cure - Please Help!

Anyone who's known me for any length of time has probably been hit up by me at some point or another to sponsor me for some kind of charitable event. Last year I asked for prayers, rather than money, but I know many of you still contributed to charities, cause... that's just the type of wonderful friends you are.

Well, this year I'm back to asking for money.

One of the people who's been in my prayers is my amazing friend, Rebecca Ritter. She's a breast cancer survivor. In fact, she's done more than survive. She lives life more fully than most of us ever will. So when she asked me to join her and her daughter in the Race for the Cure this year, I said, "Absolutely!"

Now, instead of asking you to contribute to my page, I'd rather help Rebecca reach her goal of $1500. She's about half-way there, but I told her that I would love to help her reach that goal. I assured her that my friends were very used to my frequent pleas for contributions and that they were generous, both with their money and their prayers.

To contribute to the Race for the Cure, go to Rebecca's page and click on the link to the right, under her picture that says: "Donate to Rebecca!"

All the money goes to the Komen Foundation which will continue to help people like Rebecca, who have been diagnosed with breast cancer. Thanks to research, we have come a long way, and I am so grateful that Rebecca is strong and healthy. Let's make sure she and others who have been diagnosed with breast cancer will get the help and support they need to beat this disease.

PS.Think about joining us on October 2nd by pressing the "Join Rebecca's Team!" link on Rebecca's page. It's a 5K (3.1 miles) with lots of walkers, so no need to be a runner to join in the fun!



1 comment:

David Haas said...

Hello,
I have a question about your blog. Please email me!
Thanks,
David