Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Just Do It! Flash Mobbing at DIA

Yesterday I did something that's been on my "bucket list" for awhile: Participate in a Flash Mob! This is the kind of thing that once upon a time I'd sit back and say, "I want to do that, but ...I can't dance well enough, or ...I don't have a boyfriend, or ...my boyfriend doesn't like to dance or ...[other lame excuse.]




It's time to stop making excuses and Just Do It! So what if you're a newbie? Everyone is a newbie some time. As for waiting until you have a "partner," I have learned very well that it's easy enough to find someone else who doesn't have a "partner" and wants to have fun. In fact, many people who are partnered up in marriage or relationships often miss out on doing things that their partner doesn't want to do!

I actually have been dating a guy for the past few months, but he couldn't do this with me, so I just emailed a new friend (someone I knew had that "Just Do It!" attitude) and even though he, too, was a newbie, he said he'd love to participate! Sometimes we are all so afraid of taking risks, we don't even try. What's on your bucket list? What's holding you back? Just do it!

No comments: