Monday, August 29, 2016

Steph Courdin - Fighting ALS and Living with a Purpose

Help Steph get to MedicineX conference
We're in the midst of what I call "Carpe Diem Season"... when I clog up all of my friends inboxes and Facebook feeds with requests for donations or to join me in the Walk to Defeat ALS. This cause is so near to my heart...  I do this in honor and in memory of my friend Craig Dunham. It's thanks to him, that I'm so much more aware of what it really means to live fully, and how important it is for us to rid the world of this awful disease.

At last year's Denver Walk, I met Steph Courdin, who you see pictured here. Steph, founder of the non-profit, ALSNeverSurrender Foundation, is working on the game-changing technology which will gather the analytics to help measure muscle movement in ALS patients, providing valuable data for those working towards a cure.

I'm so proud to know Steph and to support him in his venture. It's inspiring to see that ALS is not stopping him from courageously moving forward with gaining support for his app at the MedicineX conference in mid-September at Stanford University.

One thing I've learned from all my happiness studies is that giving makes us happier than receiving. If you want to get a little happier and be part of finding a cure, then there are lots of opportunities to help the fight against ALS:

Art4TheCure   (Attend the Nov.18 Art Auction in Denver)

Let's help Steph get out and change the world and find a cure!

No comments: