Thursday, September 15, 2016

Minnesota Experiment a Big Success

When I headed out to Minnesota in April, I viewed it like an experiment in happiness. Knowing that connection was a key to happiness, and also realizing I knew no one here, I wondered how long it would take for me to feel "connected."

I feel like I hit the jackpot out here..  I love my job and the people I work with at Optum. I've also made friends from Meetups, tennis, and dancing, many of whom I'm sure will be friends for life.  I even found some friends to go on the Mediterranean cruise with me in November! 

Every weekend has been full of fun social activities with friends.  I don't have pictures of all the fun events I've done in the past few weeks, but here's a good sampling.


At a BBQ at the home of my very cool boss, Emran.

Boating on the Mississippi

Dancing 'crazy' to an oldies rock-n-roll band

Pat juggling at the Renaissance Festival

Lunch at Red Wing with Scott, Lisa, and Pat

Biking with Scott, Pat, and Lisa

At a Polo Match with Lisa

At a Hanger WWII Period Swing Dance with Pat

Walking Tour of St. Paul Mansions with Lisa and Dennis


No comments: