Monday, February 25, 2019

Week 8: Celebrating!

This 8th Week has been a productive week in my 60 until 60 project.  I made progress on a bunch of my house project goals while I was home in Colorado because I will soon be temporarily moving to the Norfolk, Virginia area for a new 6-month contract at Anthem!

And, of course, I've been doing a lot of celebrating, since my 59th birthday is tomorrow!

Here are some of the goals I either accomplished or made good progress with this week:


15. Contribute to any cause that a friend asks me to support
16. Participate in efforts to help those with ALS and their caregivers
22. Sing with a group
28. Host a theme party (Flamingo, Carpe Diem, Wine-Tasting, Murder Mystery, Games, Purple,etc.)
46. Sell, give-away, throwaway on organize what’s left of my books
47. Clean out my wardrobe and get rid of old clothes that I never wear
54. Fix up my room as a potential airBnB room for rent

The thing is, I don't feel like any of these are really 'done done.' I need to do a better job of defining my 'acceptance criteria'!

In March, after I get settled into my new place in Virginia, I'll do my "quarterly planning" and rework my goals based on all I learned from the first quarter.

Family Birthday Party
In the mean time,  here are a few highlights from my week:

Nancie Participating in Virtual Academy Awards Party
Singing with Dueling Pianos - Adam says I can't count this as my 'Singing with a Group' goal, but my goals, my rules..


I'm so appreciative of the birthday attention, fun gifts, and visits with friends!
Before picture of spare closet

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you need to hire a compliance officer (and I'm available...just sayin').

My Carpe Diem Life said...

You are so right! As a former quality manager, I'm afraid I'd mark all these goals out of compliance since they don't have clearly defined acceptance criteria! Thanks for keeping me honest!

Rest assured, I'm not considering my 'singing goal' complete! I even bought a singing class from Udemy! I was surprised an online singing class was available, but it will be one of the things I do when I'm in Virginia and when I get back home, I hope to join some kind of formal singing group that meets (and even performs!) regularly. Then I will feel more comfortable with marking that goal complete! But singing at dueling pianos sure was a fun start!