Monday, December 23, 2019

Week 51: Thrift Store Fixup

My pretty purple wine rack



We are in Christmas week, which means I'm in the midst of all that last minute shopping. I have a tradition to pick up a new (well... used.. but new to us) family game at ARC so it was the perfect opportunity for me to accomplish #55 on my list of 60 goals:

Buy something at a Thrift store and fix it up

Sadly, I'm not very crafty or artistic, but it's super easy to make something old look pretty, just with a fresh coat of paint.  I've been wanting a wine rack for my new "girl cave' (which is still a work in progress) and I found the perfect one at ARC for 3 bucks!  

3-dollar wine rack I found at ARC

On to Michaels, to peruse their spray-paint colors, and there I found this beautiful silver-lilac spray-paint.  A couple of coats of paint later, I have a unique wine-rack that will look stunning in my 'girl cave'!

A couple of coats of paints later and Voila! It's beautiful!

What worked well:
  • Very easy to spray paint and turn something old into something pretty
  • I've wanted a wine rack and this was a great find!
  • I love the new color!

What could have been better:
  • If I had more artistic talent, I'd add some unique design to this
  • When I'm so busy trying to find and give gifts, it would have been nice if my fixer-upper project was for someone else, but it's a nice gift for myself!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get with today’s lingo Yvette! The opposite of a “Man Cave” is a “She Shed.”

https://www.elitedaily.com/envision/she-sheds-womens-response-man-cave-photos/1010314

T.Y...T.Y.V.M!