Sunday, January 03, 2021

2021 is a Happier New Year!

I don't know about you, but I am ALWAYS motivated in the new year to...  well.. do everything! I want to eat better, exercise more, get more organized, write more, read more, hike more, dance more, learn more, play more, ... you get the idea. 

Even though we still have to worry about Covid19, there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Some friends and even my son (who works in health care) are getting the vaccine next week. I know we're not completely out of the woods yet, but with an end in sight, it's easier to continue with virtual parties and follow all the social distance guidelines.

This year I didn't have to worry about going out in the cold to celebrate. I rarely go out on New Year's Eve anyway, so this year was actually more fun than most! I had private Zoom parties with friends and relatives and it was fun to don one of my silly hats and plan for 2021 adventures.  My friend, Lisa and I have plans to go to South Carolina in the spring and I'm planning a November Mexico trip with my friend, Nancie!


I also am happy that today I was able to finish up all my New Year's cards complete with my custom "Carpe Diem" seal.  I switched to New Year's rather than Christmas cards several years ago and love that tradition.  Rather than rushing to write cards in the midst of all the Christmas mayhem, I can take my time and thank anyone who sent me a card. I also will have any of their latest updates and most current address!


How about you? What are you looking forward to in 2021?

No comments: