Sunday, March 17, 2019

Week 11: Become an AirBnB Host


Top o' the evenin' to ya, lads and lassies. 'Tis St. Patrick's Day, so please read this post with a pleasant Irish brogue, why don't ya?

This week's goal (#54 on my list) was to become an AirBnB Host and that I did. I tidied up my beautiful green master bedroom and bathroom 'til it was sparklin' more than any pot o' gold. My first booking was to a handsome young lad named Alex. Alex was full of fun and blarney and humored me with a silly selfie to commemorate my accomplished goal.

After the successful experiment with my master bedroom, I decided I wanted to keep my beautiful sanctuary all to myself. Instead of the master bedroom, I repurposed my first-floor office to be the room that I'd rent, so I went on another de-cluttering frenzy and listed that room tonight. 
Love to relax at the end of the day in my tub!

Beautiful shades of purple and green in my room!
My office transformed into AirBnB room for rent
What worked well

  • Creating a listing on AirBnB motivated me to declutter and clean up!
  • Alex was so friendly and personable. He's originally from Honduras and he helped me with my Spanish study!
  • I enjoy being able to share my home with others and having a full house.
  • I was able to learn how the AirBnB software worked.
What could be better
  • I already have two awesome tenants so having more might get crowded and cause some contention, especially in the kitchen.
  • The AirBnB software was a little cumbersome.
  • This isn't really much of a money-maker and may not be worth the efforts. It would be convenient for the times I travel, but then I'd have to pay someone to do the property management and might inconvenience my house-mates.

I don't think I'll host AirBnB that often, but now I hope more out-of-town friends come to visit!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I don't think I'll host AirBnB that often, but now I hope more out-of-town friends come to visit!"
"
So...no "in-town friends can come visit and spend the night?

TY...TYVM

millionaire date said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
tinder said...

Most of rich singles men looking for marriage or love on rich men dating sites. Rich Men Single is the best rich club for people to find rich single men or rich rich single women. If you are one of rich men singles or rich women looking for men, check the rich site.

Vander said...

Thank yoou for sharing