Sunday, May 09, 2021

My Favorite Things: Mother's Day Rendition

 


Megan and Stella, Matt, Chris and Scotty

My perfect kids, not a tiny bit naughty

I sing their praises to all who can hear

Thanks to these kids, I’m the Mom of the year.

 

They’re smart and they’re sweet and they’re naturally humble

It’s crazy that Scotty’s had no luck on Bumble.

Now that they’re grown, they’re no trouble at all

I hear only good news whenever they call.

 

They work hard and play hard and help all their neighbors

At parties they’re known for the best party favors

Creative and witty and clever and fun

That’s why I know they are all number one.

 

When their job sucks

When their car breaks

When they’re feeling sad

I simply remember that they’re all grown up

And then I don’t feel so bad

 

Tough and tenacious, these kids are resilient

They solve any problem, they really are brilliant

As old as they get,  I still want them to know

A Mom is a role that I’ll never outgrow.

 

So....

 

When their job sucks

When their car breaks

When they’re feeling sad

I hope they’ll remember I’ll always be here

And then they won’t feel so bad

8 comments:

Michael said...

Nice! Did you compose that yourself?

My Carpe Diem Life said...

Of course I did, Michael! I don't think anyone else would know about Scotty's lack of luck on Bumble! ;-)

Michael said...

How do I know that you answered my comment? Somewhere in the settings?

My Carpe Diem Life said...

Hi Michael,
When you post a comment, there should be an option as to how you want to post it (ie. Anonymous, Name/URL, or through a Google Account. If you post using your Google Account identity there's an option to "Email follow-up comments to xxxx (the default will be your gmail email address which you get with a Google Account.)

This is how it works with Blogger (which is the blogging platform I'm using for this blog. Other blogging platforms might have a different way to be notified.

From what I've seen, blogging and podcasting don't make it easy to have a "conversation" via the comments, which is one of the drawbacks of blogging for me. But I always appreciate your posts! TY, TYVM!

Unknown said...

That's a good one Yvette!

Catie said...

Those are amazing, fun and such creative lyrics! You know, you really are a great poet!!

Catie said...

Those are amazing, fun and such creative lyrics! You know, you really are a great poet!!

Catie said...

Those are amazing, fun and such creative lyrics! You know, you really are a great poet!!