Saturday, August 28, 2021

Happiness Happens: Reneya's 1:1 Birthday Celebration









Earlier this month, I celebrated my grandson, Diego's birthday. Well, today it was my granddaughter, Reneya's turn. She's turning big double-digits 10 tomorrow!

I love having this one-on-one time with my beautiful granddaughter!

We started with lunch at Einstein Bagels, followed by a shopping spree at Flatirons Mall.

Reneya has this wonderful ability to get excited about just about anything! She loves trendy clothes, stylish shoes, sparkly accessories, furry stuffed animals, and dangly earrings.

We haven't really established the "rules" for this birthday extravaganza (other than that I'm treating, of course!) Reneya was concerned about prices and wanted to be sensitive about not picking out too many things.  She was trying to only pick clothes on clearance or items that weren't over-priced.

It was nice that she was so cost-conscious and fun for me to be able to just buy everything she wanted and not have to limit her.  

After we got back to her house, we had a Facebook Messenger video call with her Uncle Scotty and added the fun birthday filter.  It even let her blow the candles out! Technology's so cool!

Here's a little haiku that I was challenged to write in my Carpe Diem book:

Reneya turns ten
No longer a little girl
A beautiful tween

No comments: