June Book: The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
- Tu June 1 Vitality Boost Energy
- Th June 3 Marriage - Remember Love
- Su June 6 Work - Aim Higher
- Tu June 8 Parenthood - Lighten Up
- Th June 10 Leisure - Be Serious About Play
- Su June 13 Friendship - Make Time for Friends
- Tu June 15 Money - Buy Some Happiness
- Th June 17 Eternity - Contemplate the Heavens
- Su June 20 Books - Pursue a Passion
- Tu June 22 Mindfulness - Pay Attention
- Th June 24 Attitude - Keep a Contented Heart
- Su June 27 Happiness - Boot Camp Perfect
- Tu June 29 Book Review and Learnings
And, guess what? I got a couple of emails from Gretchen Rubin, herself! I'd let her know what I was doing and she emailed me back and included a "Tips Sheet Thank You" ... a .pdf file filled with tips for happiness. If any of you want me to pass it along, leave a comment in the blog or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I asked Gretchen if I could send her a copy of The Laptop Dancer Diaries, and though she couldn't promise a review, she did say she'd accept it and sent me the address to send it to! She really is an amazing woman. I'm sure she must get so much email every day, yet she keeps on top of it. On her Website, she offered free a free bookplate which I took her up on and she already sent me an email to tell me it's in the mail.
I've also found a couple of other resources for happiness. There just is so much available on the Web that it's hard to keep up with it all.
- Here's a Happiness Project Reading Group Guide
- Here's a Happiness Network called Happiness Inside. This group also has a Virtual Book Club and they already reviewed The Happiness Project, so if you'd like to read what they had to say, once you join their network, you can read about it here.
- Here's another happiness blog by Michele Moore - Make Happiness Your Habit
So much Happiness out there! That makes me.... well... Happy!