Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Hiking with Mary

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm in the habit of walking at least 10,000 steps every day.  I've written about this often and it's an exercise habit that I really enjoy. 

I0,000 steps is about an hour and a half of walking and if I can get those on a scenic trail, even better! Today I had both the beautiful scenery and good conversation with my friend, Mary, the whole time.

Mary led us to Panorama Point, where this photo was taken, and then we went on further up the mountain for some good views and exercise.


Though it was a little windy, it wasn't too cold and I felt very lucky that we didn't have any ice or snow on the ground, even though we're in the latter half of November!  It's been unseasonably warm and dry this year..  not good news for the skiers or others that are depending on water.  It certainly makes it a lot easier to hike, though, without worrying about ice or snow.

The hike was the perfect length for getting in 10,400 steps and getting back exactly in time for the appointment I made at Xfinity to return equipment for cable service that I no longer get. (This has been something I should have done over a year ago..  I hadn't even realized I was getting charged $6/month for equipment I didn't even know I had!) Anyway, I was happy to get that little errand completed as well!

Today I'm grateful for completed tasks, the health to be able to hike, the beautiful Colorado scenery, and mostly for my friend, Mary, and her wonderful listening and conversation skills!

No comments: