Friday, November 19, 2021

On to Cancun

This morning I left the posh Vidanta resort and took a shuttle up to the Cancun airport. The driver was nice enough to drop me off at the Marriott hotel that I'm staying tonight.  Yes, my last two nights in Mexico are going to be spent using some of my Marriott points.

Since I had so much of the party beach scene while I was in Playa del Carmen, I'm keeping it simple for these last couple of days and just enjoying the ease of hotel life.  Warm weather,  a gym, free breakfast, and a pool. Life is good.

I still got out to my daily 10K steps by exploring the area, but most of the day was spent lazily studying Spanish, catching up on email, and making a couple of calls with peeps back home.

Love Bougainvillea!

Interesting artwork found on my walk

Most of the afternoon hanging out by the pool

The not-so-good news about this hotel is that there is a very loud, unhappy baby in the next door room. My ear plugs have gotten a lot of use on this trip!

No comments: