Sunday, November 07, 2021

Whine Day

 Most of the stuff we all post on social media is all the pretty 'good' stuff.. who wants to listen to someone whining, especially when they're in beautiful Mexico in November? But even though I'm "living the good life," it's not all good.

The worst part about this Playa del Carmen stay so far is that people are frickin' loud all night! I'm in the midst of an endless party! I'm sure a lot of people would like this, and even I enjoyed it at first.  I mean, how can you help to have your spirits boosted when everyone is happy and energetic and you're surrounded by loud and energetic music?

I'll tell you. You are not happy (or at least I am not happy) at 1:15 am, especially when you're sick with a cold and just want to sleep!


The good news for today is that I don't have Covid, so at least I don't have to worry about that.

But having a cold and not getting sleep definitely has affected my mood. I'm also feeling sad because Matt told me he doesn't want to risk meeting up at Thanksgiving.  He says Covid numbers in Colorado are the worst in the country and he doesn't want to risk the potential of catching it and passing it to Stella's mother, who they're living with.  We may never have a family celebration again because Matt & Stella are talking about moving to North Carolina. All this lack of family around the holidays makes me feel sad and lonely.

It's also lonely being here by myself and even though I'm meeting some people, it's not the same as being around friends and family who you've known for years. Sure, it's nice to be able to do whatever I want, but when I'm sick and tired, I miss my own bed.

Even though I had this cold and was tired and lonely today, I still did my morning sunrise walk on the beach, got in my 10,000 steps, had a lovely dinner, and found a Spanish class that I'm going to start tomorrow..   So, even though a bit moody today, I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

Morning sunrise

Dinner for one










No comments: