Saturday, April 03, 2021

Happiness is the first flowers of Spring

 


Hello there, pretty daffodils. I know, you're probably not too pleased that I removed you from my garden on this most gorgeous sunny day.  However, April is a very unpredictable month for weather and you know that snow often knocks you down right when you least expect it. (Yes, I've been there, too.) 

So you, bright and beautiful flowers, are bringing your yellow beauty into my home for Easter weekend. You look perfect in my special blue-glass vase and remind me that Spring is here!

In fact, I shall write a little poem for you.  Here is a better one that I'll try and emulate (only I'll make mine much shorter.)


I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud 

I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

I Huddled Lonely in the Cold 

I huddled lonely in the cold
Through winter snow and icy chills
When at long last, I spied some gold
My garden held some daffodils!
I put them in a pretty vase
Before snow returns and destroys their face.


No comments: