Sunday, March 03, 2019

Week 9: DisneyWorld!

The goal I accomplished in Week 9 from my 60 until 60 list was #31:

Go to DisneyWorld with the Tidds

It's no coincidence that I planned this goal for my birthday week. I am always looking for a way to escape Colorado's winter cold with a trip to somewhere warm at this time of year and there's no better way to celebrate than introducing my grandchildren to one of my favorite places: DisneyWorld!

I love the music, the princesses, the magic of Disney. I'm a sucker for those "Happily Ever After" fairy tales. My eyes still well up when I see Belle dancing with the Beast or Ariel longing to be 'Part of That World.'  

Though I know it's not the "real world," I joked that DisneyWorld was my perfect snowbird spot.  OK, maybe it would have to be Orlando with an annual Disney pass. And maybe I could get a princess dress and pretend like I was 7 years old again..  Yeah. Though they probably don't allow crazy old ladies in DisneyWorld, so.. maybe not. 

Well, I don't know about future plans, but for vacation with my daughter's family, DisneyWorld was awesome! 

What worked well:

* Perfect warm and sunny weather throughout the week (and escaping the extra cold weather at home!)
* Lines were not too long for the most part - only one that was over an hour wait
* Loved seeing the excitement from the kids
* Really noticed the beauty of everything more this time..  enjoying not as a kid, or as a parent, but as a mindful grandparent 
* Exploring the different "countries" in Epcot's World Showcase (other times at Epcot, I didn't really spend the time here, so I saw a lot for the first time.)
* Soarin' was an amazing ride at Epcot
* The fireworks at the Magic Kingdom were incredible
* Everything, from the gardens to the architecture was so beautiful, perfect, and clean
* Love the creativity and innovation
* Able to also combine with a visit to Kennedy Space Center and Cocoa Beach

Not-so-good:

* Back aches...  Even though I put this in the "not-so-good" category, my back aches were not nearly as bad as I thought they might be. Who's back doesn't hurt after a full day of Disney?
* Expensive (but, of course, that's expected.)

In other news...
It turns out the contract I'd gotten at Anthem in Norfolk, VA, got put "on hold." Though this was a bit disappointing and surprising, I was able to quickly get back into "excited to NOT be working" mode. I really have been LOVING not going into an office every day and Spring and Summer in Colorado is beautiful. And I still have a bunch of goals left to accomplish before turning 60!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don’t understand the title...

My Carpe Diem Life said...

Anonymous, let me explain: This is Week 9 of my 60 until 60 Goals. My weekly blog posts have started with Week X where X is the Week number we are on. The next part is a summary of the Goal that was accomplished. In this case, the goal was to go to DisneyWorld with the Tidds, but the summary was "DisneyWorld." Get it? Good!

Really, Anonymous, I wouldn't think I'd have to explain Titles to you. If you don't understand the Title, I'm guessing you're completely confused by the rest of the post...