Friday, March 27, 2020

Tell Me Something Good: 10StepsTogether and Walk2Connect

I decided to start a new blog/vlog project: Tell Me Something Good!  There's a lot of not-so-good...  ok..  there's a lot of really bad stuff happening in the world now and social media is filled with those stories. But there are also so many positive and heart-warming stories and those are the ones I'm going to be sharing on "Tell Me Something Good!"

I'm part of a couple of walking groups and I even signed up to be a Walk Leader for Walk2Connect, an awesome organization that combines walking and social connection.

Sarah leads a Walk Leaders meeting virtually via Zoom each week and we share ideas about how we can support our walk community and maintain connection, even though we're walking alone.  One of the members, Robin Truesdale, is requesting "10-step-videos" and compiling them and putting them to music.  Here's an example of the first:


10StepsTogether #1 3/22/2020 from Robin Truesdale on Vimeo.

Do you want to participate? Send your video with your 10-steps and where you took them to 10StepsTogether@gmail.com.


Here's a video that I put together as part of the Walk With A Doc Physical Distance Challenge:

I love that despite the anxiety that we may be experiencing, we can step outside and notice little treasures that we may have taken for granted in our life BC (Before Corona).

Here are some of the photos I've taken as I've been noticing my beautiful surroundings here in sunny Sarasota, Florida:










No comments: