Saturday, March 28, 2020

Tell Me Something Good: Clap for our Carers

The other day, I hosted a "Virtual Happy Hour" and had participation from friends from the UK, Australia, and Colorado. One thing I find amazing and surreal is that this is a crisis that the whole world is experiencing together.  It's not a personal tragedy or a regional tragedy, but a world-wide tragedy. Somehow that ironically makes me feel more connected than ever.

David, from the UK, had a couple of good ideas and suggestions for us all:

1) Pass along positive stories
2) Call 3 people every day

The positive story he shared with us was the heartwarming experience of hearing all the people of London clapping from their balconies to honor and thank the medical professionals who are working so hard to save lives.

Even though we can feel helpless when we're being asked to stay home, we see how Londoners were creatively and collectively able to show their support with this Clap for Our Carers event. 

I love the idea of calling friends, too. Today I called 4 friends and each of them helped spark more ideas that I can't wait to explore!
Even though he had his eyes closed at this particular moment, I wanted to share this photo of my WhatsApp videochat with David, who deserves credit for today's: Tell Me Something Good! Yay, David! Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience and a great idea of how we can foster our friendships!

No comments: