Sunday, April 05, 2020

Best Grocery Experience Ever!

I know that grocery-store shopping is something we're "allowed" to do, but based on my last experience, I wouldn't exactly call it "safe."

I've been monitoring Walmart's online shopping app and discovered that, at least for the Sarasota store near me, that if you sign in a little after midnight, you can get delivery or pick up service any time the following day! For example if you log in at 12:01am (the first minute of Saturday) you can pick any hour on Sunday to have your groceries delivered or picked up.  Checking at 5am, there were still some slots available, so if you're willing to order very early in the morning, you can get a spot for the next day.

I thought I was set with groceries for a month, but it was nice to know this option would be available if needed. When I ran out of something essential (deodorant!) I decided to see how well online ordering and pickup would work. Both Becky and I had some other items that we were out of and so we took the opportunity to stock up on even non-essentials like candy!

In Agile style, here's what worked well and what I think could be better:

What worked well:
  • Availability of groceries
  • Whatever wasn't available, there were good substitutions
  • You could "check in" when you were on your way
  • Service was extremely fast! Someone was out as soon as I drove up!
  • Becky and I have been more intentional about what food we're buying
  • Our food and 'fridge are cleaner than ever!
  • I felt so much more secure than going into the store with the crowds
  • It was much easier to search for the food I needed online rather than in the grocery store
  • No need to wait in lines!

What could have been better
  • It would have been nice to be able to give a tip online
  • Of course, it would be nice if there was more availability

1 comment:

Michael Bolé said...

Nice of you to tip Joanna....but more important, was that a purple steering wheel cover I saw?