Thursday, January 20, 2022

Microadventure #3: Mini-golf at the Fish Hole in Lakewood Ranch



Every day is a sweet adventure here in sunny Florida so it's hard to choose just one to blog about. However, since one of my "requirements" for a microadventure is that another person is with me, and John invited me to play miniature golf tonight, it's my pick for  Microadventure #3!

We met up at The Fish Hole in Lakewood Ranch, a winsome little town about 20 minutes North of Sarasota.  The evening air was clear and beautiful, in the mid 60's (while back home in Colorado it's a frigid 27 degrees.)


The decor was full of whimsical fishing gear and signs and even a little bell to ring to show you were having fun. We were the only patrons in the whole place so we had the sole attention of Aaron, the helpful kid at the front desk! It was as though we were royalty or celebrities having a private party in this colorful, bright attraction! No lines, no kids, no waiting, no worries!





Each hole featured a different type of fish with facts and information about the fish. You know how I love themes and the whole place was very fishy!

But, of course, the game here is putt-putt golf, not fishing. John brought his custom-made putter and he said that putter has been in many-a-mini-golf-course. 

He shared the putter with me and it must have brought me good luck because it was the best game of mini-golf I've ever played! I even got a hole-in-one on two different holes! 



John was ahead of me for most of the game, but we ended up with exactly the same score! 26 each - only 4 over par!

After we finished, we strolled on Main Street which was lined with plenty of shops and dinner restaurants to choose from. Everything looked clean and new and very Disney-esque.  Straight from a fairy tale!


We ended up choosing a Mexican restaurant, eating out on a patio and enjoying the musicians and all the delightful smells, sights and sounds of the beautiful evening.

No comments: