Saturday, February 15, 2020

Week 59: 60 Celebrations Slideshow

OK, people, we are coming in for a big finish to my 60-week birthday party. Last week I made my playlist and this week, I've been working overtime trying to get all my slideshows finished. As I mentioned in my Week 36 blog post, creating these slideshows has been a big challenge, partially because I was using Windows MovieMaker and that meant using an old laptop that was painfully slow.

I bit the bullet and learned to use iMovie on the Mac. Well..  didn't really "learn," but figured out at least the basics, but I'm struggling. I couldn't find a very comprehensive tutorial, so I'm still very slow, but at least it's me and not the computer.

I figured rather than try to finish every slideshow, instead  I would create a "summary slideshow" that has just the selfie from each of my one-on-ones!  Even though I'll finish all the individual slideshows, that does become a little excessive to watch.

Today's my last day at home before I head out for my final big birthday excusion: Roadtripping with my son, Scotty to Florida with a stop in New Orleans for Mardi Gras and a cruise! Then my other son, Matt, and his wife, Stella, are going to fly out to meet us in Florida for the big day!

I really have wanted to do this snowbird thing, so I'm planning on staying in Florida until early May, but I've been feeling very sad about leaving my grandchildren...  I made a video of all the fun things we did over this past 60 weeks which will help me from missing them (I hope!)




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice slideshow! Would have loved to read who all the people were, how they are related to you and where the photo was taken....just saying!

T.Y.....T.Y.V.M!

Anonymous said...

May the road go on forever (and keep an eye on your silver dollars)

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back (especially when you're cycling).

May you take the road less traveled by (and the other ones).

Safe travels!

Thank you. Thank you just a little.

My Carpe Diem Life said...

Thanks to both of you Anonymous posters! Thank you with all my heart! :-)