Thursday, January 21, 2021

Happy Picture of the Week: Biden Inauguration

 



I'm still riding a New Year's high, but this week I'm especially happy because we have a new President who has a message of unity. What a welcome change after four years of Trump.  And, of course, along with the rest of the nation, I'm breathing a big sigh of relief that we had a peaceful transition of power.

Even though that fireworks picture is one I got off of the internet, I enjoyed watching the ceremony and celebration and felt such a huge since of pride and hope for our nation. I know we have a lot of challenges ahead, and that there's still a huge divide to overcome, but finally, we have a grown-up in charge.


I wore pearl earrings on Inauguration Day, along with thousands of others who donned pearls to show support for Kamala Harris and empowered women everywhere.


No comments: