Thursday, January 28, 2021

Happy Pictures of the Week: Wintering in Colorado

 

Four weeks into the New Year and I have kept up all of my healthy habits, including a daily walk, whatever the weather.  If it weren't for Covid, I'd be in Florida now...  I'd really been looking forward to being a Snowbird and enjoying winter days on the beach. Like these geese, however, I didn't fly south for the winter after all.

Once I realized I was going to be home in Colorado for the winter, I made a list of ways to keep warm and have fun.  Even when the temperature drops, usually the sun is still shining and the air feels brisk and invigorating. The views of the mountains are spectacular and it's nice to have a chance to wear the winter coats, scarves, and boots.

I've also been doing a lot of cooking, experimenting with delicious soups, chili, and roasted or sautéd veggies. And, of course, there's also my lovely bath ritual to keep me warm.  I've even been creating little cozy spaces to snuggle up with plenty of comforters and blankets.

With no commute to worry about, it's really quite nice being home for the winter!


Bundled up and ready for a winter walk

I love boots!

My nook in the basement almost feels like Florida

Lots of healthy food to keep me warm!




No comments: