Thursday, February 04, 2021

Happy Pictures of the Week: Discovering Iris Paper Folding

 

Making Valentines -  Iris Paper Folding Virtual Class

I love discovering cool things that I never knew existed and one of those things I discovered this week was Iris Paper Folding.  A virtual class was advertised in a Boulder Lifelong Learning Adult Education email and it turns out my daughter, Megan, and daughter-in-law, Stella, were also interested! So fun that we were all able to attend together via Zoom!

The technique turned out to be surprisingly easy, with plenty of templates available for free online! There really aren't too many crafts that I make that end up looking good on the first try, but these cards are very easy, yet look very artsy!



Megan and my grandson, Diego sold cards at a craft fair they were hosting

The cards, obviously, are just in time for Valentine's Day, but there are several other February occasions where they come in handy:

Today (February 4) is Thank a Mail Carrier Day,  February 7 is National Send a Card to a Friend Day, and the whole month of February is National Heart Month. 

I'm learning all about these special days in preparation for the big one on February 26th: National Carpe Diem Day

I checked in with some of the Websites that publish all these special days to see if they can get National Carpe Diem Day added to their lists.  Even though I'm getting some traction, it certainly is not a quick and easy process.  I signed up to become an Ambassador for National Days Calendar and I'm using this month to up my game with social media.  I'm even hosting 3 contests to try to get more followers to my Carpe Diem Connections Facebook Group.

Overall, I'm having fun celebrating and promoting these different weird and wacky holidays, And an additional unique and fun event was Scotty's commissioning into the Space Force!  Pretty cool that he is in this first generation of Space Force Guardians!

Scotty transitions from Air Force to Space Force!

å

No comments: