Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Wordplay - One Word, Two Sites

The theme of the week for The Love Project is goal-setting. While there are plenty of people (like me) that get excited about goals and even have goals about keeping their goals, there are plenty of others who just want to keep it simple.

It seems to be very trendy these days to come up with "one word" to use as a theme for your year. A friend of mine told me about a website called MyOneWord in which you choose a word to represent your focus for 2011. From the site:

“My One Word” is an experiment designed to move you beyond the past and look ahead. The challenge is simple: lose the long list of changes you want to make this year and instead pick ONE WORD. This process provides clarity by taking all of your big plans for life change and narrowing them down into a single thing. One word focuses on your character and creates a vision for your future. So, we invite you to join us and pick one word in 2011.

My one word was... can you guess it? Love!

Now as I was searching for this site, I came across another "one word" site that is fun, especially for those of us who like to write and enjoy little creative exercises. OneWord gives you one word prompts and you have 60 seconds to write whatever you want about that word. Since my big goal right now is promoting The Love Project, I've decided I will add the twist of writing about love and The Love Project each time I play this little http://oneword.com/game.

For example, today the word was "ragged" so my sentence was something like:
"I felt tired and ragged until I started participating in The Love Project."

For even more word play, check out a third site, Wordle. Wordle let's you create "word clouds" like the one I used for the image on this post. You can put in a URL and the words that are used most often come up in larger fonts. I was happy to see my favorite word, Love, coming up as the biggest word!

No comments: