Saturday, February 05, 2011

Assignment 6: Send a Surprise Love Note



This week the theme for the Love Project is Love Notes.


Assignment 6: Send a note of love to someone you care about. You can use email or an eCard or a traditional greeting card or make your own.


Note: This does not have to be a romantic card. It can be to a friend, a parent, a child or even someone you don't know... someone who is sick or in a nursing home. Feel free to write a love note to yourself, reminding yourself of all your beautiful qualities. Be creative and tell me about it in the comments or on a blog post.


Background: Valentine's Day is coming up, so of course, if you want to make this into a Valentine's activity, do this again on the 14th. However, I put this as an assignment for this week because I think it's even more fun to receive an unexpected greeting for no occasion. I remember getting an eCard from a friend once that said "Just because you're wonderful." This was not from a close friend. In fact, other than that eCard (which he sent a couple of years ago) I have barely heard from him. He has a girlfriend and there was absolutely no romantic intent in his words. I don't know what motivated him to send the eCard as I hadn't done anything particularly wonderful that I knew of. He may have heard I was going through a rough time... or maybe not. All I know is that it brought tears to my eyes. It felt so good to have someone think of me out of the blue and tell me I was wonderful. So, whether you use the "L" word or not, this week tell someone they're loved with a surprise greeting.

Spread the Love

Are you a blogger? Leave me a comment or send me an email and I'll add your blog to our Love Link List. Check it out to find not just blogs, but sites and other projects designed to spread love.


Help me spread the word by cutting and pasting the following into your status:
Join The Love Project: http://bit.ly/aJWbG0 #love2011

2 comments:

shirlnutkin said...

thanks for the assignment. what a great idea! at cubeopolis, we are doing a secret valentine. i am going to incorporate the love project, esp. this assignment, as part of my secret valentine fun!

Aidan Donnelley Rowley @ Ivy League Insecurities said...

The idea of a surprise love note is at once very romantic and old-fashioned. Love it.