Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Soulmate Summit Underway

Last night the Soulmate Summit, an 11-day series of teleclasses, opened up with Arielle Ford and Claire Zammit. Now, I hadn't really planned on attending, particularly last night, since I was celebrating Valentine's Day with a pig-out feast and movie with my son, but the calls are recorded. So this morning at 4am when I prematurely awakened I signed in to check it out.

First, let me tell you some of my reservations about the program.
1) I think each teleclass is at least an hour long and it's hard for me to find an extra hour each night. However, I think the recordings can be downloaded and listened to later, so... if I can get them loaded on my iPod and listen while I'm running, that would be great.

2) I'm not really a big "soulmate" kind of person. All the talk about "setting intentions" and putting things out into the "UNIverse" is all a bit "Woo Woo" for my taste. What do you expect from an engineer? (Note: "Woo Woo" = term I got from Love Project MVP girlnutkin).

3) Taking classes to "Find Love" seems kind of desperate. Sure, I hope to find a partner, but I'm pretty happy being single, too. I'm a firm believer in finding love is as simple as giving love, so not really sure I want to focus so much energy in listening to hours of classes.

4) With all the newsletters, books, and blogging about love I do, I'm a bit OD'ed on it all. I don't want to spend so much time studying love that I'm not experiencing it.

Now, most of the above probably doesn't apply to you, so I do want to recommend checking it out for yourself. I've covered my reservations, but here's why I think it's worth attending, that is if you're single and hoping to find a partner:

1) It's FREE! (Always a plus in my book.)

2) There are a lot of very prominent authors and love experts giving these seminars. I know that many of these speakers have programs that people pay hundreds of dollars for, so definitely seems like it would be worth the time to listen to what they have to say.

3) Though 4am teleseminars tend to be the perfect cure to my insomnia, I was able to stay awake enough this morning to feel like the content was informative and that despite the woo-woo factor, I might learn something.

4) Since I hope to write a Love Project book myself, it definitely is worth my time to research and network with these experts and find out more about their books. Who knows? Maybe next year, I'll be on the roster!

So... I will hope to attend and take notes, passing along some great wisdom through my blog where I can. For those of you who attend, I suggest you do the same and we can share a few blog links to get the word out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy I found you through my Soulmate Summit search!!

:)