Monday, December 17, 2018

60 Until 60 Celebration: Jan.1, 2019 - Feb.26, 2020

I was born in 1960. Feb 26, 1960, to be exact. If you do the math, that means I'm 58. I want to be clear about that because as soon as I start talking about all this '60' magic, people start thinking I'm already 60.  Still in my 50's people!

However, being the obsessively goal-oriented person I am, I thought it might be fun to have a 60-week countdown to my 60th birthday. Counting 60 weeks backwards from my 60th birthday, I discovered was January 1, 2019! My 60th birthday is EXACTLY - to the day - 60 weeks after New Years Day.

That’s like some kind of woo-woo numerology magic, right? It’s like a “twofer” goal-setting deal. I already try to figure out some kind of weekly goals for New Years and now it doubles as my 60-until-60 project!

I’ve been pondering exactly what 60 things I should do for my 60 until 60 project (I have a 32 page document with ideas!) but I’ve narrowed it down to the list below as a starting point. I’m going to be all ‘Agile’ about this not keep these set in stone, but I will have a weekly “demo,” “retrospective” and plan for the next week. I also want to find people who have their own goals so we can collaborate and support one another.  So take a look at the list below and let me know what goals you have for the New Year!


  1. Keep doing strength building exercises do at least one unassisted pull-up. Accomplished Week 2: 1/11/19. 
  2. Hike in beautiful spots Including Crested Butte during wildflower season Accomplished Week 32 
  3. Participate and dress up in at least one fun race like the Bolder Boulder Accomplished Week 22
  4. Research bone-healthy recipes and make dinner to share with other friends who are working on their bone strength Accomplished Week 6: 2/7/19
  5. Learn a choreographed dance Accomplished Week 21: 5/25/19
  6. Try PickleBall Accomplished Week 34
  7. Call 10 friends and relatives who I haven’t seen in a long time to invite them to my 60-week virtual BD party and get a song for my playlist. - Accomplished Week 1: 1/7/19
  8. Take a work mentor to dinner. - Accomplished Week 37
  9. Every week share a “Cool Thing of the Week” via social media and encourage others to do the same. Accomplished Week 12: 3/24/19
  10. Foster strong and deep communication with everyone I meet. Aim to have at least one positive social connection every day and at least one event every week.  Accomplished Week 30
  11. Write a gratitude letter to the police who helped me during a family emergency Accomplished Week 44
  12. Visit my Mom & brother in Sacramento as well as others in Northern CA who are available: Accomplished Week 50 
  13. Visit my sister in Southern CA and go to this super-cool bookstore (among other things). Accomplished Week 3: 1/18/19
  14. Practice a mindset of kindness and gratitude and journal weekly about reflections Accomplished Week 46
  15. Contribute to any cause that a friend asks me to support Accomplished Week 27
  16. Participate in efforts to help those with ALS and their caregivers Accomplished Week 48
  17. Learn digital photography better with the help of a professional photographer (my sister, Michele) Accomplished Week 4: 1/28/19
  18. Learn how to Meditate Accomplished Week 19: 5/11/19
  19. Learn more about poetry and write a poem Accomplished Week 16: 4/21/19
  20. Practice the piano and be able to play some of the pieces I used to play well along with some new pieces Accomplished Week 38
  21. Experiment learning a new instrument - maybe the ukulele Accomplished Week 18
  22. Sing with a group Accomplished 8/8/19 (Blogged about Week 33)
  23. Explore an acting class or group and try to get a part in a play Accomplished 8/8/19 (Blogged about Week 33)
  24. Get better at a foreign language (Spanish, French, and/or Italian) and practice with a friend Accomplished Week 24
  25. Put together a playlist of at least 60 songs by gathering songs from friends Accomplished Week 58
  26. Plan and host my 60th virtual/real birthday party Accomplished Feb.26, 2020
  27. Create slideshows of the celebrations I have throughout my 60-week ‘party’ Accomplished Week 36
  28. Host a theme party (Flamingo, Carpe Diem, Wine-Tasting, Murder Mystery, Games, Purple,etc.) Accomplished Week 25
  29. Go to a foreign country and practice speaking the native language Accomplished Week 54
  30. Research and explore snowbird locations Accomplished Week 15
  31. Go to Disneyworld with the Tidds Accomplished Week 9: 2/28-3/1
  32. Go to the Albuquerque Balloon Festival with Stella and Matt Walk 2019 miles in 2019 Accomplished Week 49
  33. Go to the Meowolf exhibit in Santa Fe with Stella and Matt Accomplished July 6, 2019 (Week 28 Blog Post)
  34. Visit New England in the Fall with Rebecca R. Accomplished Week 41
  35. Do some TBD adventure with Scotty Accomplished Week 5: 1/30/19-2/1/19 Road Trip to CA
  36. Visit Minnesota friends in August Accomplished Week 33 
  37. Do a roadside altar road trip with Rebecca M. Accomplished Week 39
  38. See all the movies that are up for Best Picture Accomplished Week 8
  39. Dress up and go to a musical at the theater Accomplished Week 29 and Week 31
  40. Read a book that’s on the best seller list Accomplished Week 45
  41. Binge watch a Netflix series with someone Accomplished Week 23
  42. Clean my basement window-wells Accomplished Week 17
  43. Try marble contact paper on an old table Accomplished Week 40
  44. Clean and organize the ‘craft area’ of my basement Create a Girl Cave
  45. Sell, give-away, throwaway and organize what’s left of my games, puzzles, and toys Accomplished Week 29
  46. Sell, give-away, throwaway and organize what’s left of my books Accomplished Week 14
  47. Clean out my wardrobe and get rid of old clothes that I never wear Accomplished Week 10
  48. Put DIY flooring or carpets in basement Accomplished (sort of) Week 47
  49. Put DIY walls in basement that will allow me to hang pictures, etc. Accomplished Week 52
  50. Refurbish window sills and baseboards that are old and chipped Accomplished Week 20
  51. Label and repair my breaker box Accomplished Week 29
  52. Get rid of or repair floor lamps Accomplished Week 29
  53. Hang pretty lights in basement and bedroom Accomplished Week 43
  54. Fix up den as a potential airBnB room for rent Accomplished Week 11
  55. Buy something at a Thrift store and fix it up Accomplished Week 51
  56. Create a course about using Agile in everyday life
  57. Sign up on sites to get freelance Agile coaching / training gigs: Accomplished Week 2: 1/13/19
  58. Update Website with my coaching / training / writing accomplishments Accomplished Week 42
  59. Create outline for book about Agile in everyday life Accomplished Week 26
  60. Continue to write freelance articles Accomplished Week 13

No comments: