Saturday, May 15, 2021

At Home Eldercare Options Available!

One cataract surgery down and very successful! I'm currently pretty blurry-eyed on the computer, so I'll keep my blog posts short and sweet.

I'm going to continue with my May theme of Older Americans Month because... there are just so many articles and resources I want to share on this topic!

Today, I stumbled upon a positive aging story while searching for a franchise! I've been trying to figure out what I'm going to do myself in this next chapter of life and starting a new business is an idea I've toyed with for years.

Well, today I came across the "At Home Eldercare" franchise which provides an alternative to nursing homes for elders who want at home help.  I thought this sounded interesting mostly because I've been checking into these kinds of alternatives for my 85-year-old mother.  Though she's fine now, there may be a time when she needs help, and I know she's very opposed to nursing homes, assisted living, or any solution that would require her to move out of her home.

While I was perusing the site, I came across the blog and was very happy to discover that $400Billion of the recent Biden infrastructure plan is proposed to shift to home care for seniors!

The Wall Street Journal story mentioned in the video can be found at https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-infrastructure-plan-would-fund-shift-toward-home-healthcare-for-seniors-11618228812 . As the title of the article suggests, "Biden Infrastructure Plan Would Fund Shift Toward Home Healthcare for Seniors."


I decided against getting an At Home Eldercare franchise for myself, but I was really happy to hear about this option!  What great news that more options are becoming available for people like my Mom (and some day, me!) to receive affordable care from the comfort of home.

No comments: