Thursday, May 13, 2021

Eye Style








Can you tell I like glasses? I have a whole bag of funky glasses for every occasion and holiday! However, none of those 'fun' glasses are prescription glasses. And THOSE are glasses I hopefully will soon no longer need!!

I've been blogging about Healthy Aging topics in honor of Older Americans Month. Guess What?  May is also Healthy Vision Month (though, July seems to be Healthy Vision Month, too.) Let's face it. We need to take care of our vision and our health every day!

I'm going to be getting cataract surgeries on May 13th and May 20th. I really don't know what my eyesight will be like, especially during the week between surgeries, so I may take a break from blogging for awhile. (I hate to mess up my streak, though, so I'm having this post scheduled to be published tomorrow, May 13.)

Even though I'm excited about the surgery, I have to admit, I've got some anxiety, too. Signing all those release forms before surgery about all the things that could go wrong is nerve-wracking to say the least. I'm also kind of worried about the post-op weeks when I have to keep all UV-light out of my eyes.  

They'll give me protective glasses, of course, but I'm supposed to wear them every waking moment.  I'm going to pretend like they're super-hero glasses, but I'm guessing the 'fun' of that won't last too long. And it's a bummer that I won't get to wear my patriotic Memorial Day glasses.


It will all be worth it 5 weeks from now when I have super-hero bionic eyes and will have clear vision without glasses at all!

No comments: