Wednesday, April 07, 2021

My New Niche: The Carpe Diem Good Life (Retired / Singles / Travelers / Snowbirds )

 


I got some great feedback from yesterday's post about a 4-week set of seminars that I want to host and facilitate.

I think the first thing I really need to improve is to answer this question: What problem will I solve for the customer?

In order to answer that, I need to really narrow down who my ideal customer is.  

Although I think I could make a lot more money if I target the business world, I think I want my customers to be people like me..  single people who want to have a special and full "Chapter 3."  I'm avoiding using the "Retirement" word here because it seems to have a negative connotation.  Plus, I sort of feel like my "job" is living my best life!

I'm looking for fun, positive people who now are at the best stage of their lives! They have freedom from the responsibilities of work or raising kids, and they want to use this time to their best advantage!

If you fall into this category, then please join one or both of my Facebook Groups: 

Carpe Diem - Singles Enjoying the Good Life. - This is a Private Group for single retired or almost retired people who like to travel, particularly to warm-weather places in winter. 

Carpe Diem Connections - This is a Public Group for anyone who wants to live a full and happy life.  It's for people with a positive mindset to share how they seized the day, to celebrate both the everyday fun things as well as big, exciting adventures.

Problem: Here I am finally reaching a time when I don't have work or family responsibilities, but I'm not sure what's next! 

Solution: Join a network with like-minded people (see above) and take my 4-week  Happily Ever After seminars.   (If you or someone you know might be interested,  send me an email at yvette.francino@gmail.com.)

Happily Ever After - Accomplishing your dreams and making life-long friendships

    

Are you ready to live your best life?

Have you finally reached your retirement goals, but feel unsure about what's next?


The transition into "retirement" can feel unsettling. What's our purpose now that we're no longer raising children or running around keeping our boss happy? How do we get a new social circle when most of our friends are still working?


Using proven philosophies and methods, this four-week class will share an Agile approach to happiness, living a fulfilling life, deepening relationships and accomplishing your dreams.


Each class will consist of a 1 hour interactive lecture, followed by an optional 1 hour discussion session. The class will end with actionable steps of how you can apply what we've learned in your own life.


The topics will include:


Week 1: What is Agile?

              Mindset vs. Framework

              Giving and Receiving Feedback

              Coaching and Accountability Partners

              What does Happiness mean for you?

Week 2:  Emotional Intelligence

               Self-Awareness

Finding Purpose

               Mindfulness

               Relationships



Week 3: Time Management

              Working in Iterations

              Prioritization

              Focus

              Backlogs


Week 4: The Demo

               Review

               Celebration

               Adaptability

               Planning and Next Steps


No comments: