Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Grandma Duty

 

My gratitude blog post for this final day of November is about being a Grandma.  This morning (and tomorrow morning) I have the pleasure of driving my granddaughter, Reneya, to her math class at the middle school, and then after that's over, driving her to the elementary school.

She's the only one in her class advanced enough to go to a special math class (following in her mother's footsteps!) I'm very proud of both my grandchildren and their many achievements.  But mostly, I am so grateful that I've lived close enough to see them through all their many milestones.

Now my grandchildren are 12 and 10 and don't really need a babysitter any more. Megan told me that where they need the most help is with rides...  unfortunately, driving is one of my least favorite activities, especially in winter.  However, the weather has been unseasonably warm for this time of year, so driving has not been a problem.

It was an easy drive to get Reneya to both her math class and her regular school.  While I was waiting, I got a good start on my steps for the day and was able to explore a new area.  I even had a flamingo siting:


Here's a photo with both my grandchildren and all my children from our Sunday Thanksgiving family celebration:


I am one lucky mother and grandmother!

And so ends November and my gratitude month of blogging. I like this daily practice because it reminds me to be on the lookout every day for things I'm grateful for. 

December will be a busy month with more travel, holiday activities, and I'm even teaching two classes, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep this habit up, but I'll try.  It's a definite pick-me-up to highlight something I'm grateful for each day and family is at the top of that list!

No comments: