Thursday, November 04, 2021

Hotel Xcaret

I've been to the Riviera Maya area several times and have done most of the touristy things..  except going to Xcaret.  It costs over $100 and that just seemed too expensive for an attraction.  However, yesterday, one of the street vendors told me that if I went to a breakfast and listened to a presentation about some kind of vacation club at Hotel Xcaret, I could get two tickets for $50.

Well, I'm a sucker for those kind of deals. Not only am I interested in vacation clubs, but I like getting the incentives...  in this case a free breakfast and the cheaper Xcaret tickets. 

Of course, it did mean having to sit through the usual high-pressure sales pitches.  I've been through enough of these to know that they always keep lowering the price and have all these crazy different options..  but if you buy today, it's only $25K instead of $100K..  Meanwhile they're writing a whole bunch of numbers all over a paper and telling you how much you'll save on vacations...  Then when you say, 'No thanks' they send in the next guy who gives you another pitch and wants to know what will it take to get you to say, 'yes'..

I persevered and, as beautiful as the luxury hotel was, did not end up buying into any of the packages..  Still, Hotel Xcaret was fun to tour!  And when I got back to my more-than-adequate Airbnb right on the beach, I got a luxurious massage for only $30! No need to be in an expensive vacation club to be pampered!






No comments: