Thursday, November 25, 2021

Turkey Trot

 

2021 Turkey Trot with Scotty

Today I'm thankful to run a final 5K with Scotty! This was probably the 5th of 6th Louisville 5K Turkey Trot I've run and it's always a wonderful Thanksgiving morning tradition. 

2011 Turkey Trot with Matt & Scotty

I gave up running a couple of years ago, but it was really fun to get out this morning with Scotty, and even though we walked for a good part of it, we ran most of the last mile and it felt great!

I've always wanted to do one more 5K after the doctor told me to stop running.  I was going to train for this one and try to do it in under 30 minutes, but Scotty reminded me that I'd be mad at myself if my back started hurting again.  

I knew he was right about that, so instead, I suggested we try and walk fast and see if we could do it in under 40 minutes.

When we had less than a mile left, I suggested he run ahead and video me running in for my last race. It was good to have that feeling one more time of running though a finish line! And I don't have my exact time, but it was under 38 minutes! Nothing to brag about, but well under my 40 minute goal!









No comments: