Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Rainy days at Vidanta's Mayan Palace

It's been raining every day lately, here in beautiful Mexico. That usually includes a torrential downpour, which is kind of cool, except if you're outside when it happens.

Last night the big storm came just as Nancie and I entered the (very overpriced) restaurant we were having dinner at. It was a pretty restaurant, but very hard to hear each other talk over the pounding rain.  It let up enough for us to get back to our rooms without getting totally drenched, but unfortunately, rain was in the forecast again today and every day for the rest of my visit out here.

This morning, we had some fun, though, before we got the afternoon showers.

Yay! Flamingos!

A lot of lemurs roam the premises here

Can you see Mr. Crocodile?

That hammock is too waterlogged to get in!

Up close to an iguana

Fun scheduled activities! (But I missed Texas Hold'em today)

Beach Jenga

Lunch

Nancie and I joined a ping-pong tourney and I won! A free drink was the prize! (Note: We were the only two people in the tournament so we had great odds of one of us winning!) 

I was all excited about a 2pm Texas Hold'em tournament since I've been studying up.  However, at 12:15 we were supposed to go to another "not-a-timeshare" marketing presentation..  another vacation club deal much like the thing I did to get the cheap Xcaret tickets.

We did get a free lunch, but I told them up front, I wasn't interested in a vacation club and that I really wanted to go to the tournament at 2pm.  We'd barely eaten lunch by 2 and the saleswoman had just started her spiel. Nancie said she'd stay and I ran off, but, alas, was too late to join the poker tournament.  They said there'd be another tomorrow, though, so, I'm looking forward to that.

Poor Nancie was stuck for another 2 hours with the sales people. They really don't let you go..

The heavy rains hit again, so the afternoon was pretty much wasted for both of us.  At least we had some morning fun!

No comments: