Monday, November 01, 2021

Snowbird Season!

October was filled with costume opportunities, beautiful changing leaves, and yummy warm soups. And while I usually dread the cold months that come next, this year I'm fully embracing the beginning of Snowbird Season!

Tomorrow, bright and early, I leave for Mexico! I rewrote the lyrics to Milky Chance's Colorado and got Cathy and Becky to perform it with me!


Yvette: Getting out of Colorado Getting cold demasiado If I don’t go equivocado So today, I say, emocionada (Yeah-yeah, yeah-yeah) I think that you know what I mean (what I mean, what I mean) I want a playa in the scene (in the scene, in the scene) I’ll see places never seen (never seen, never seen) Like a never-ending dream Wanna be living carefree Lounging under a palm tree Out of the cold Out of the cold Warmth is much more pleasing I’ll leave before it’s freezing Out of the cold Becky; I’m getting out of Colorado Heading home and here’s what I know Through the states I will cruzado So today, I’ll say, I drive tomorrow (Yeah-yeah, yeah-yeah) I think that you know what I mean (what I mean, what I mean) I want a golf course in the scene (in the scene, in the scene) Back to where the ground is green (very green, very gree) Like a never-ending dream Wanna be living carefree Lounging under a palm tree Out of the cold Out of the cold Warmth is much more pleasing I’ll leave before it’s freezing Out of the cold Cathy: I’m playing here in Colorado Staying home and here’s what I know I’ll meet a handsome desperado So today, I’ll stay, hike Eldorado (Yeah-yeah, yeah-yeah) Sleepin' in my bedroom while my back gets good and strong(ooh) Next year I’ll be ready to sing quite a different song All: Then we’ll all get out of Colorado Getting cold and here’s what we know Wanna drink amontillado So today, let’s say, we’ll go tomorrow (Yeah-yeah, yeah-yeah) Let’s get out of Colorado


No comments: