Saturday, November 20, 2021

Last Night in Mexico - At the Westin Resort & Spa, Cancun

I've had an American Express Bonvoy Credit Card for a number of years that comes with an Anniversary stay at a 5-star hotel. Normally, I'd save that stay for a time I'd be with someone else-- it seems like such a shame to be in a beautiful hotel alone. But if you don't use the free night, you lose it, so I decided to enjoy my final night in Mexico at the Westin Resort & Spa, Cancun.

After enjoying an all-you-can-eat full breakfast at the Marriott I stayed at last night, getting my Covid test and all the paperwork completed for my flight tomorrow, I caught a taxi to the resort.

Even though check-in wasn't until 4pm, they held my luggage, and I was able to enjoy the pools and the beautiful beach. I got my daily 10K+ steps in such an iconic setting and it was a beautiful sunny day. Knowing I'd be back in Colorado tomorrow, I really wanted to savor every bit of the warm sun and beautiful beach.

Did my walk in Cancun along the ocean's shore

At 3pm, there was a fun margarita-making demonstration with free margarita samples! 

Margarita-making demo!

And it got better! I got a room with a beautiful view of the ocean. I can hear the waves while I sleep! The room is huge with a beautiful comfy bed (two actually..) and the big bathroom has a tub and shower. (I do like a relaxing bath!) 

View from my window

I checked Bumble and matched with a good-looking expat! Maybe I'd at least have a date at this romantic place..  I asked if he'd join me for dinner but, alas, he had other plans for tonight.  

Even though I feel a little sad about not being able to share this beautiful experience with someone else, I also feel so grateful that I'm able to experience it myself.  How wonderful to end my trip in such an idyllic setting!

No comments: