Friday, November 26, 2021

Scotty Time

 

Playing Computer Games


It's almost midnight and I've been "binge-playing" computer games with Scotty for hours. I interrupted our game because I didn't want to miss my daily blog post.  Even though hardly anyone reads these posts, I have my little OCD-ish goal to post something I'm grateful for every day in November.

So today I'm posting a quick one about one of the things I'm most grateful for..  the time I get to spend with Scotty.  

Neither one of us particularly like being single, but I have to admit, I love getting undivided attention and unlimited time with my youngest son when he visits.  I love my married kids, too, of course, but I rarely get one-on-one time with them, and I really treasure these visits from Scotty.

He's working on a Electrical Engineering master's program now and I have been reviewing his  thesis and giving him feedback. It's been a very long time since I was in college, but since I got my degree in Electrical Engineering myself, and have experience in editing, it's nice for me to feel like I can provide some input.  And Scotty says my interest, questions, and input have been helpful!

Even though the game-playing seems frivolous, a lot of the games require problem-solving skills, so it's still a good brain workout.

But whether we're pigging out, binge-watching movies, playing games, or discussing the latest political drama, I love spending time with Scotty and feel so grateful for the close relationship I have with my youngest son.

No comments: