Sunday, November 14, 2021

Last night in Quinta Avenida Condo

The inside of my Airbnb

I love listening to the storm tonight as I'm snug and dry in the condo. I can still hear the party sounds from the bar next door, but the storm also is helping deflect the usual loud party that's always in earshot.

Though I'm leaving this Airbnb tomorrow, I'll still be in Playa del Carmen. I'm just moving up to a fancier resort. Nancie found a good deal on TravelZoo and asked if I'd share it with her, so that's what prompted this whole trip.

Even though I've been living in relative comfort, my life is about to get 'upgraded'! I saved the luxury part for the end of the vacation, but I feel like I've already taken part in much more luxury than usual..  I've eaten a lot of delicious food, splurged on ice cream almost daily, and have had more than my share of laying around.  I'm feeling decadent and lazy.  For the past couple of days, I've even taken afternoon siestas!

I think the sleeping pills I've been taking at night have made me sleepier all the time.  Every day, when I've come home from my 10K+ walk, I've felt lethargic and haven't done much of anything.  Here it is 7:30pm and I can barely keep my eyes open!

I know I'll still be able to go to the ocean at the new place, but today I packed a lot in, knowing it would be my last day here.


I feel so lucky to be enjoying this wonderful warm weather in November! I don't know if it will always be Playa del Carmen, but I think Mexico in November is going to become a new tradition for me.


No comments: