Friday, November 12, 2021

Meeting People

Love my daily walk on the beach

A lot of police out today



5th Avenue is always lively


My week of private Spanish lessons has come to an end. I'm about half-way through my time here and one of the challenges for myself has been to talk to people every day, preferably in Spanish.

Today, I met 3 people: 1) Alberto, who turned out to be a priest, 2) Jose, a 24-year-old guy who kept trying to convince me to have a beer with him, and 3) Christine, a young woman from the UK who's working out here through January.

I still have mixed feelings about being out here alone, but it does help push me to meet other people.  Christine was eating alone at the restaurant that I went to for dinner, so I asked if I could join her. We had a great conversation and she told me about Yoga on the beach tomorrow.

Meeting strangers is getting easier all the time, especially in a place like this, that just seems like one big party that we're all attending.
 

No comments: