Monday, August 16, 2021

Happiness Happens: Bambi Spotting!


This morning, when David and I first arrived at Lion's Lair Spur Trail, others at the trail were pointing up to a bear! Sure enough, a black bear was roaming up behind the trees (away from the trail). 

In the 21 years I've been hiking in Boulder, I've never seen bears on the trails..  I snapped a couple of fast pictures, but unfortunately, you really can't make out the bear, who was moving stealthily behind the trees.

However, as we started on our hike, I was able to get some pictures of a much more commonly seen wildlife animal: Deer!

Who can help but smile when you spot Bambi on your trail?

As we were ooh'ing and ahh'ing about the deer, a group of people passed us and one woman said in a rather what's-the-big-deal kind of tone, "I get 'em in my back yard all the time."  I know that they are so common-place in some of the Colorado mountain towns that they can even be a bit of a nuisance..  jt's the way I feel about bunnies in my yard.  Yeah, they're cute, but they do eat up all my flowers.  Sorry, Thumper, you're not gonna be making it to the Happiness Happens blog..

Bambi and you other deer friends, however.. you get your Happiness Happens Fame today.  It always gives me a thrill to see your graceful beauty just a few feet away, roaming on the trails.

No comments: