Friday, August 20, 2021

Happiness Happens: Watching a Disc Golf Pro Tournament

 



Who would have guessed that this little town of Superior would be the location for the Rocky Mountain Women's Disk Golf Championships this weekend?

Katie Belty, a young Disk Golf Pro, is my current Airbnb guest! 

I tried playing Disc Golf once, and I was embarrassingly awful. I figured I'd be bad because I never really learned to throw a frisbee well. I went with Scotty and I told him I would be bad, but he assured me I'd be fine. However, once we started playing, he said, "You're right, Mom. You ARE really bad."

The good thing about being really bad at something, though, is that it's easy to improve! I bought a colorful putter disk at the event and Becky told me she would give me a lesson, so we have plans to get out on the course for some practice soon.

In the meantime, I was happy to get the opportunity to watch Katie and some of the other pros for a bit. It was really windy today so I'm sure it must have been difficult for them all.

I don't know the proper lingo, but here's a video of Katie throwing a longer drive shot. 


How fun to get this close up opportunity to witness this tournament in action so close to home!

No comments: