Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Happiness Happens: iMovie Magic

 

My last few Happiness Happens blog posts have been about my Minnesota Island adventure. I'm back home in Colorado, but the digital adventure continued as I assembled my favorite pictures into a slideshow set to the tune of "House at Pooh Corner."

I learned how to use iMovie last year and it came in very handy for all my 60-until-60 adventures. I still am amazed that so much awesome software is free!

I'm not a great photographer, but it's fun for me to be able to combine photos and movie clips and experiment with editing options.

I'd been feeling a little sad that Dennis, the only one of my Minnesota friends who's still single, wasn't able to come on the trip this year..  Not only did I really miss Dennis, I also was worried about being a "9th wheel" since this year there were only 4 couples and me on our Island trip. 

But as I look at all these pictures, I'm reminded that I always felt included and welcomed despite my single status.  I loved sharing in all the activities and games and it didn't matter at all that I didn't have a partner.  

Though my "Happy thing" today is iMovie, I also don't take for granted my friendships.  I know it's not easy to maintain friendships, especially long-distance friendships. I'm so grateful for my Minnesota friends, and that Chris continues to include me in these annual island retreats. 

And so glad I can capture a little of that magic through pictures and movies.


No comments: