Thursday, August 05, 2021

Happiness Happens: A Hot Bath in a Welcoming Friend's Home

 

My Happiness Happens blog post this morning is about the comfort of a hot bath! But for bonus points, I'm combining it with the gratitude I feel when I visit my friend, Lisa, in  her Apple Valley, Minnesota home.

I love a hot bath at the end of the day! It's my sanctuary spot at home. It's on my list of remedies for clearing my mind from any worries and easing any physical aches and pains. 

When you're not at home, often a hot bath is not possible. Some hotel rooms only have showers and, of course, depending on your situation and the purpose of your travels, you often cannot just disappear into a long bath like some kind of prima donna.

Prima donna that I am, however, I was able to luxuriate in a heavenly bath last night, followed by a deep and sound sleep!

On top of that, I have the wonderful benefit of not only feeling warm and comforted by a bath, but by being welcomed to my friend, Lisa's, beautiful Minnesota home!

This gorgeous basement suite was my home in Minnesota with Lisa for a month in 2016.  I met her at a tennis Meetup when I had a contract in Eden Prairie at Optum and she became one of my best friends.

Another friend, Chris, hosts an annual Minnesota Island Retreat in early August, and Lisa welcomes me to stay at her home before we head out to the island with the group.  This year, Lisa broke her foot and might not even be able to go to the island (though we're still trying to figure out a way to get her there!) But despite that obstacle, she's still willing to host me here. She's such a generous friend.

Whenever I'm here, I feel such a sense of peace and happiness. I have the nostalgic memories of living here and all the fun Lisa and I had.  

Mostly, I just feel so welcomed and loved by all my Minnesota friends, but especially by my BFF, Lisa!

No comments: