Wednesday, August 04, 2021

Happiness Happens: Grateful for RTD and SkyRide!

 


Yay! I'm heading out to Minnesota for an annual reunion with a group of friends I met in 2016. 

It will be a little tough to keep up my daily Happiness Happens blog post, but I'm sneaking this one in as I'm sitting at DIA waiting to board my flight.

There's so much about travel that I take for granted or even complain about.  However, over the years, especially as I became a very frequent traveler while I was a consultant, I came to recognize how wonderful the SkyRide RTD Bus Service is! It's one of the things I now look forward to when I fly out of DIA!

The Flatirons Crossing Park'n'Ride is only a mile from my house and the busses to DIA run every hour. The busses are comfortable and so much more convenient and economical than driving and parking at the airport.  They drop off right at the DIA entrance by security.  When I don't have to check a bag, I just zip right through security (I always get to go through the Pre-TSA line) and I get to my gate lickety-split!

I've even met some nice people on my frequent bus travel! I became Facebook friends with my bus driver when I was going to Omaha every week and I met another new friend who I went hiking with.

It's so convenient to be able to enjoy the ride instead of stressing out about traffic or weather or missing my exit or dealing with airport parking..

YAY for RTD and SkyRide and all the people who make getting around this beautiful world possible!

No comments: