Sunday, August 15, 2021

Happiness Happens: Horse-drawn Wagon Ride at Coalton Trail

 


Today's Happiness Happens moment was found at Coalton Trail - a trail I know well since it's half-a-mile from my house! 

I've run on this trail, hiked on this trail, and even found our first geocache with Scotty on this trail, but today was this first time I got to ride a horse-drawn wagon on this trail!

From the Superior Newsletter:

National Trails Day - August 15

Come to the Coalton Trailhead at the intersection of McCaslin Blvd. and Coalton Road from 9:00 a.m. - noon. You and your household will can enjoy horse drawn wagon rides into the open space, awesome teaching from Superior’s very own wildlife ecologist Ashley DeLaup and the Hawk Quest Raptor show (9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.) 

Not only is it National Trails Day, it's also National Relaxation Day! Well, that wagon ride was the most relaxed I've ever been on that trail! (Much more relaxing than running!)

I also had a relaxing opportunity at Harper Lake earlier this morning and blogged about this cute scene on my CarpeDiemDay blog!


I'm heading out for even more relaxing (with food and wine!) with my friend, Cathy! 

It's been a full day of Trails, Relaxation, and Happiness!

No comments: