Thursday, August 19, 2021

Happiness Happens: Decluttering

 

Decluttering is one of those things that I really don't like doing, but I'm happy when I've done it. Similar to yesterday's Happiness Happens moment, I get such a boost of energy when I take care of a long-procrastinated chore.

I sign up to donate to VVA every month or so and that helps me get rid of stuff that I never use and that possibly might be useful to someone else! That's so much better than gathering dust and taking up room in my house.

This month's stash was mostly stuff from my kitchen and included an old bread-maker, wok, mix-master, ice-maker, ice cream maker, and several pots and pans.  I had a lot of memories of meals and special dinners or treats made with these old kitchen appliances and tools.

I especially remember the many different recipes we made with the bread-maker back in the days when I was married and we had our growing family of five.  We kept the bread-maker on the counter and would experiment with different recipes every week. The breads would smell and taste SO good.  

But that old, heavy bread-maker has been stored up high in a cabinet for years now and I'm happy to be eating healthier foods.  I'm also happy to have decluttered my kitchen cabinets (well.. at least some of them!) and that I have the opportunity to donate these things for someone else to create new memories with.

No comments: