Saturday, August 14, 2021

Happiness Happens: Swimming at the Neighborhood Pool

 


Yesterday, my "Happiness Happens" moment was when I went swimming at my neighborhood swimming pool!

The water felt so refreshing and energizing! I can't believe that I hadn't been taking advantage of this wonderful neighborhood perk throughout this hot summer!

Before Covid, I'd belonged to a posh gym with 3 gorgeous pools.  I loved the resort-like atmosphere and mourned the loss when I dropped my membership.  I associated neighborhood pools with cold water, big crowds and lots of unruly kids.  I was too lazy to even go to the effort of creating a new registration card for myself..  until yesterday.

What a welcome surprise to find that the neighborhood pool was not that different from the pool at my fancy, schmancy gym!  Now that I'm retired, I can go in the middle of the day, when the kids are back in school, and the crowds are low.  Yesterday, even though it was Friday afternoon, there weren't many people there and no unruly kids in sight! (Come to think of it, I think my memories were of having to watch my own unruly kids!) But yesterday, I was not responsible for any kids and I had the swim lane all to myself!

Wow. This is really a perk that I have taken for granted. What an invigorating way to lift my spirits on a summer day!

No comments: