Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Happiness Happens: A Surprise Flamingo in the Mail

 


I love surprises! I love getting mail! I love flamingos! So can you imagine how much I loved getting a surprise flamingo in the mail today? It was a triple love happiness happens moment!

To add even more to the happy love-fest, the surprise was from none other than the Duchess M'DLee , my wonderful Carpe Diem MVP!

How sweet and unexpected to get this surprise in the mail today.  It's rare to get anything but junk mail or bills and it's no where near my birthday.  Actually, my 1/2 birthday IS coming up on Thursday so we're about as far from my birthday as we can get.  (I had been thinking of celebrating my 1/2 birthday since it's in the summer..   Let's just face it.  I'm good with celebrating my birthday on any day.)

But the lovely Duchess sent this not because it was my 1/2 birthday, but simply because she was thinking of me and knew I liked flamingos.  

I'm so grateful for my sweet Carpe Diem M'DLee.  We've never even met in person, yet she takes the trouble to send me this whimsical gift! What a thoughtful new friend she is!

I've been thinking that these little Happiness Happens posts would give me nice little reminders of ways I can create happiness for myself whenever I'm down.  

Even though I can't predict or control getting a surprise flamingo in the mail, I can send one to someone else..  Now I just have to figure out who else loves flamingos!

No comments: