Thursday, August 26, 2021

Happiness Happens: Celebrating Birthdays and 1/2 Birthdays

Michael doing Kilroy impression
 


August 26 is a big day! It's my half-birthday! It's also my friend Michael's full birthday! That's him, up top, doing a Kilroy (not to be confused with Kiljoy) impression.

When I first met Michael, he didn't even like to celebrate birthdays! Can you believe it? What a travesty! However, it turns out he's a master at celebrating MY birthday! 


For the past few years, I've gotten spoiled by all the fun gifts and attention I've gotten from Michael. I finally was able to talk him into letting me celebrate HIS birthday by reminding him that it's my 1/2 birthday!

Besides giving him less than half the gifts with less than half the value that he gives me, I also do a half-bad-a$$ job of giving him birthday attention.

One shout-out I have to give is to Blue Mountain for their creative eCards! You can customize many of their eCards in a variety of fun ways. Here's the Talking Mona Lisa card I sent to Michael this morning and he replied that it was the coolest eCard he'd ever received.

One other reason today stands out? It's the day my Dad died 11 years ago.  I'm glad that rather than feeling sad, I can be celebrating life, memories, and all the many ways that happiness happens.


2 comments:

Michael said...

I love to celebrate YOUR birthday, but don't particular like being the center of attention when people want to celebrate mine! Now at 62 years old, I feel I am entitled to act a little hypocritical every now and then!
I really did enjoy yesterday's surprises ;-)

Thank You...Thank You very much!

PS: How about that nose!

My Carpe Diem Life said...

You have a great talent for making birthdays special!